Thursday, March 21, 2013

They arrived!


We have been back in the country for several weeks now, and I have to admit I was secretly worried that my lovely shipment of books from Powell's in Portland would not arrive. But here they are! I'm so excited I don't even want to throw away the box! My very own hard copy of Rules of Civility, which I can't wait to re-read. A beautiful rough-edge edition of Ann Patchett's Bel Canto, one of my favourites. A lovely paperback copy of Little Bee, another fave. And two new books: The Solitude of Prime Numbers, by Paolo Giordano, an Italian writer, and Out Stealing Horses, by Per Petterson, a Norwegian writer. I seem to be on a bit of a European kick at the moment.

Don't you think getting packages of books in the mail is one of the happiest things that can happen in a regular day? I just love it, although after our trip I need to put the brakes on: no more book-buying for a little while, I have plenty to read! Let's see how long I can keep that one up...

No comments:

Post a Comment