Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Where in the World Are You Reading?

Where in the World Are You Reading is a monthly themed meme co-hosted by three book bloggers. January's theme is Unusual Reading Spots. Trish, this month's host and one of my favourite book bloggers (visit her site over at Love Laughter and a Touch of Insanity), asks for some odd or unusual places where you find yourself reading.

For those of you in Australia and other places where it's currently summer this might not be so unusual, but if you are in Canada or the US or in Europe this will seem surreal. I am currently based in Sydney, where we have been experiencing some extremely hot weather (as in, record-breaking temperatures), and my sweet husband gave me a hammock for Christmas. So I often find myself reading on lazy weekend afternoons whilst lying in the hammock in my back garden. Lovely.





Sometimes at work, instead of going out for lunch or eating my lunch outside, I bring it back to my office and read while I eat. This is my view - the Sydney Fish Market over the freeway. 



I always have a book with me wherever I go, so I read while I wait in line, while I'm stuck in traffic, sometimes when I'm walking! When I was a little girl I even used to read while I brushed my teeth - I would prop the book up behind the faucets.

Do you ever find yourself reading in unusual places? Stay a while and tell me about it.

4 comments:

  1. I have a six week old baby plus three older children. I read in the middle of the night while I nurse...it's the only time when I'm not being pulled in three different directions! It's usually by candlelight, with my book propped awkwardly between baby and the nursing pillow...have managed to read two novels since her birth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a beautiful romantic picture, Steph! I read while I nursed my son as well, and anticipate I will do so with my daughter when she is born in April - but it will be by the light of a Kindle, I'm afraid, or an iPad, rather than a candle. I much prefer your method! And am extremely impressed you have managed to read two novels already since she was born, especially with three other children in the house. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki--I'm sorry to comment so late--I looked for an email earlier but couldn't find one. It's nice to meet you and I'm so glad you participated in the meme this month! Ok--now I'm going crazy. Are you Little Match Girl?

    Reading in a hammock does sound absolutely divine! Especially as it is quite chilly over here. And your view looks spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trish! So awesome to have you visit my blog, thank you! Apologies for the delay in responding, we are off traveling at the moment (closer to you, in Canada!) and have not had access to email. And yes, very well picked, I am Little Match Girl. I have been thinking of book blogging for ages and following you has helped to inspire me! I would love to pick your brain about it, actually.

    Your secret reading cubicle at work is great, such a good idea. And I read in the car too. (Also nap in the car, now that I'm pregnant with number 2!).

    Will be in touch by email when I have internet again. Still loving your blog.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete